Sean Kingston: Oklahoma: How do I lower my quote for SR22 car insurance in Oklahoma? Obviously I have been convicted of DUI and my SR22 auto insurance quote is very high? Any suggestion or help would be welcomed.
Response: Sean, I understand the problems that you are facing. You are naturally trying to get out of a fix and paying dearly for a mistake of DUI driving. Expense need to be watched at any time and in this economic crisis they seem to be even bigger.
First let me give you a tip that you should not go for auto insurance coverage which are less than the minimum limits for the state and in fact take higher limits since you can certainly not endure any higher financial liability, in case you are involved in an accident. It is advisable not to compromise on the coverage just for a few dollars of cost.
Here are a few ways you can reduce your cost of SR22 auto insurance:
1) Go for a higher deductible: If you’re deductible is higher than the cost of auto insurance premium is reduced.
2) improve your credit rating: If you have credit rating points higher than 650 than you will be eligible for a cheaper SR22 auto insurance quote.
3) Get an ignition steering lock installed. This will prevent you from driving when you are drunk.
4) Go for defensive driving classes. This would ensure that you would not fall under the aggressive driver risk category.
5) Take up rehabilitation course for reducing your alcohol. As long as you are not able to overcome this, chances of drunken driving convictions would not be reduced.
6) Shop around for cheap Sr22 car insurance quote. Online you will find the best insurance deals. You will be surprised how much you can save.
Your aim should be to slowly move to the standard driver category so that you can get auto insurance quote from the personal insurers instead of the specialty insurer who give better and cheaper SR22 car insurance rates.
OKLAHAMA AUTO INSURANCE LIMITS:
Minimum Legal Requirements:
•Minimum injury liability for one person in an accident: $10,000
•Minimum injury liability for all injuries in an accident: $20,000
•Minimum liability for property damage in an accident: $10,000
•Personal injury protection (PIP) required? NO
•Uninsured motorist insurance coverage required? NO
•No Fault State? NO